Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bond, James Bond

I went to Alexandria last week with one of my friends from college. It's the nearest city to Morris so every now and then people go there to either buy stuff or just get away from the smell of cow that seems to pervade Morris during most of the year. Anyway, we went there to go to Gamestop and sell some games. I had a craptastic Wii game (Counter Force) and my friend had a couple of other older games that we wanted to get rid of. So when we arrived at Gamestop with a stack of about 8 games, we figured that it would be about enough to pay for a new game. It was nowhere near being enough.

Apparently Gamestop decided that Xbox originals weren't selling well enough anymore, so they stopped buying and carrying them. That I can understand, it's simple economics. But the next part is the part that befuddles me. After the Xbox originals were eliminated we still had 4 games to sell his 3 360 titles and my Wii title. We were offered a grand total of... $6.00 for the four of them. That was crap.

Frustrated by this, but not willing to let it ruin the Alex trip we said never mind and decided to look at what the Gamestop was selling. While we perused the game racks we came across Call of Duty 3 for 360 which just so happens to be one of the titles my friend was trying to sell. They were selling it for $15.00. Now this just added to the amount of frustration and anger. They marked that game up by a ridiculous amount.

Long story short, Gamestop pissed me off.

After Gamestop we went to Target to see if we could find any good game deals there. We didn't. Target does not have a great selection of titles. Oh well. We then looked at the movie section. I bought the last two Bond movies. This now completes my collection. I am pleased.

We then returned to the all too familiar scent of bovine.

I'll end this with one last thought... O-chem blows.

No comments: